Zurück zum Profil
ingenhoven architects

Europäische Investitionsbank, Luxemburg, Luxemburg

European Investment Bank, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Ort
Luxembourg
Gebäudekategorie
Büros, Banken
Bauvorhaben
Neubau
Jahr der Fertigstellung
2008
Material Fassade
Glas
Architektenpreis
WAN Awards 2010
commercial sector; Green Good Design Award 2010; Emilio Ambasz Award for Green Architecture 2010; European Architecture Prize 2009 Architektur + Energie; International Architecture Award 2009
Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design; RIBA International Award 2009; Concours Construction Acier 2009; Emirates Glass LEAF Award 2009
Best Sustainable Development
nominated; Mies van der Rohe Award 2009
nominated; DETAIL Prize 2009
Special Prize for Glass
nominated; MIP
International competition 2002, 1st prize
Execution 2003–2008
Client European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
GFA 70,000 m²
BRE Environmental Assessment Method, BREEAM Excellent

DE
Die „Europäische Investitionsbank“, die 1958 gegründet wurde, um zur Finanzierung der Investitionen der Europäischen Union (EU) beizutragen, baute ihre Aktivitäten in den letzten Jahren aus. Die bestehende Bausubstanz, ein 1980 im Europaviertel von Luxemburg errichtetes Spätwerk des britischen Architekten Denys Lasdun brauchte eine Erweiterung. Die gerade Fassade des Gebäudes ist dem Boulevard Kirchberg zugewandt, während das gewölbte Glasdach die Verbindung zur der landschaftlich geprägten Talseite darstellt.
Der Entwurf verbindet die Landschaft mit den innen liegenden Atrien und führt den Geländeverlauf mit den unterschiedlich hohen Terrassen fort. Die Glashülle überspannt die V-förmigen Bürotrakte, die durch dreieckige Atrien miteinander verbunden sind.

EN
The European Investment Bank, which was founded in 1958 in order to contribute to the funding of the European Union’s (EU) investments, has expanded its activities in recent years. The existing building—a building constructed in Luxembourg’s European Quarter in 1980, designed by British architect Denys Lasdun in his later years—needed extending. The straight facade of the building faces Boulevard Kirchberg, while the curved glass roof represents the connection to the valley side with its landscape features.
The design links the landscape with the internal atriums, and continues the lie of the land with the terraces at their different heights. The glass envelope acts as an umbrella over the V-shaped office tracts, which are linked via triangular atriums.